Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day(s) of School

I'm done with the first two days, yay! They were easy but definitely gave me a bit of a wake up call for what the rest of the semester is going to be like. Should be a tough one :-\

I've got a lot of research hours this semester, especially considering I'm in two labs! I enjoy it so far but I just hope I don't mess anything important up! My classes vary greatly in difficulty. I think they will mainly just be large time consumers. One class I thought would be easy surprised me and it's actually going to be my most difficult one! At least another girl who I met today in lab is in it with me so maybe we'll be study buddies. After I finish this blog I'm going to start homework and hopefully keep procrastination at bay from this point on (yea right!).

I am in a Psych class, an honors Psych capstone, a Socio class, and a writing intensive Classical Humanities class PLUS being a Research Assistant!

My goal is to get another 4.0 this semester so I can have two in a row, wish me luck!!!

Anand and I went running last night, I was so proud of him for going with me because I know he hates it. After trying to find the "park just around the corner" for about 30 minutes we finally plugged it into the GPS and got there lol It figures! There weren't any good trails that we could see so we ran laps around an extended soccer practice field. I think when we calculated it out he ran about 2 miles and I ran about 2.5, so that's not bad at all! Soon he'll be passing me up, I just know it! ;) Until that day though I'll have to keep motivating him to keep up with me!!

I got to see Stephanie, my best friend since elementary school, last night! She stopped by Columbia to visit some friends here before going back to...are you ready for this...*Harvard* for the semester. I was so excited she called me, we got to sit and chat and catch up for a few hours which I loved! I got to show her the House (of course) and my room and we just enjoyed filling each other in about our lives. Every time we get together again I can definitely tell why we're still best friends! :) Of course I miss her already but at least I got a good Stephanie dose for now!! It was an awesome surprise!

Well now it's time for me to actually g4t stuff done tonight...boo. I guess I'll start reading out of those books that ended up costing me $400 this semester, ick!

I'll keep you updated!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment