Saturday, July 25, 2009

Chicago numero uno

Yesterday after Mommy got off work and we immediately left for Chicago for our mini family vacation! Since we were driving the integra and not a rental car I was able to drive for awhile (EXCITING!) however then my excitement got curbed when it started monsooning rain and made it very difficult to even see the road I was driving on! We pulled onto a side road and Daddy and I somehow managed to switch spots (me into the back seat and him back into the drivers seat) without getting out of the car! That was quite an accomplishment! Mommy and Daddy said they were proud of me though for driving well and not freaking out when the weather got bad :) We arrived in Chicago at half past midnight and all fell asleep quickly after such a long drive.

Today was "Daddy's Day" to plan what we wanted to do, so we went to the museum of Science and Industry. There were lots of interesting interactive exhibits, and of course I always had fun pressing buttons here and there! I took pictures of all the things I found to be interesting. We also had tickets to the Harry Potter exhibit which is apparently on it's *international* tour right now! How exciting that we got to see it! The exhibit consisted of lots of props from the movies and well as movie clips, little hands on games, and even moving photographs! The attention to detail was incredible!! I really enjoyed getting to see everything, but I definitely was not a "fanatic." I couldn't answer the special trivia questions such as which spells were invented by Snape and what Dumbledore's brother's name was, oh well. At one point an older man bumped into me and started apologizing profusely and added "Now I have to be extra nice or you might use a spell or a potion on me! Haha!" ...Yea I'm definitely not THAT big of a fanatic! ;)

After the museum we came back to the hotel to rest for a bit and then we went to a restaurant with lots of personality called "Dick's Last Resort." On the way to the restaurant we took a real taxi (Daddy even 'hailed' it!) which was a new experience for both me and Christy. The food was pretty tasty and the clientele was pretty "colorful." There was a bachelorette party nearby and we had fun watching them throw things, dance crazy, screech in their "we're cute and tipsy!" voices, and hit on guy who were creeping closer and closer to the party to try to get some attention. Very interesting to say the least! I really enjoyed sitting outside on the balcony because we could see the Chicago river and watched lots of boats and even a couple kayaks go by. It was a gorgeous view!

After we got done at the restaurant we decided to explore the city a bit and walk back to the hotel. Supposedly it was over 2 miles but it definitely didn't seem like it! There were lots of interesting store fronts and there were plenty of people walking around too so that we still felt secure. Christy got to carry Mommy's "coconut head" that her last drink was in at the restaurant, and we did our best to not look TOO touristy although it was still probably easy to tell we were. I thought it was lots of fun to just survey the city, and especially at night the lit up buildings were beautiful.

Tomorrow is Shiny Peanut Day! I can hardly wait!!! Goodnight for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment