Tuesday, July 21, 2009

An Eventful Weekend!

I went back to St. Chuck this weekend, the reasons both happy and sad. The sad part is that Anand had to leave to go spend some time with his family on Saturday, but I guess I can share him every once and awhile. The happy part was that it was Daddy's birthday and we did a lot of fun stuff!

Anand and I arrived in St. Chuck on Friday. To begin Daddy's birthday festivities we went to a drive in movie theatre and saw two movies that were back-to-back: Ice Age 3 and Night at the Museum 2. I was very happy with our movie choices because I hadn't seen either one! The other movie combo option was HP6 and Terminator, and us kids had already seen HP and we weren't too excited about Terminator, so it worked out really well! From where we were parked we could actually see both screens, and I know Mommy peeked at HP at least once! Haha! Daddy really enjoyed the drive-in because he was able to reminisce about his own childhood trips to the drive-in theatres, and he said even the way people got snacks was basically like he remembered! I thought it was pretty cool that the sound from the movie came in through a specific radio frequency, and it was especially entertaining being in Anand's car because of his fancy sound system! I think Christy chose to stay with Anand and I for the special sound! Overall it was pretty awesome!!

On Saturday afternoon, we all got to go to a Mongolian grill restaurant called HuHot. It's one of my absolute favorite CoMo restaurants because of it's delicious, not too expensive (especially when you eat at the end of lunchtime so you can get lunch prices :) ), it's buffet style which fills up us starving college kids, and you can put together any combo you want! I was really excited that Anand and I got to show my family the ropes so they could enjoy it too. They didn't go back to the buffet as many times and me and Anand did, but that's ok they'll learn!

After dropping off Anand at the airport, we went to a NASCAR race in honor of Daddy's birthday. On the way to the track Christy and I were given new nicknames by some drunken "racefans." Apparently since I was wearing a brown shirt my new name was "Brownie" and since Christy has...well straight legs...her name was "Straight Legs"! I guess it's better than crooked legs though! Christy and I gave each other a hard time and had a good chuckle laughing at the silly people around us.

For the race itself we each picked a driver/car # that was "our driver" and we cheered on that car in hopes that it would win! Something that caught me off guard is that for this particular NASCAR series the drivers run with different numbers than the bigger NASCAR events. For the longest time I was really disappointed in my driver, who I thought was #99 since that's his usual number, because he stayed in the middle of the pack and let tons of people pass him constantly!Eventually I found out that he was actually car #60 and he was in 3rd place, which made me much much happier!! I cheered for Carl Edwards #60 (who incidentally is from CoMo), Daddy cheered for Kevin Harvick #33 (this is also Patrick's favorite driver), Mommy cheered for #32 (the same person as last time when she won!), and Christy cheered for #38 (he apparently was a rookie and did really well!). Ultimately the "bad guy" (Kyle Busch #18) won, Mommy got 2nd, I got 3rd, and Christy and Daddy has car problems and finished slower. Minus the bad guy winning, we had a great time!

On Sunday, Mommy convinced me to stay in town longer to go running with her and Daddy, and in exchange I got new running shoes! YAAAAY! We went to Fleet Feet to get shoes for me and presents for Daddy, then later Daddy opened presents and had pie, and then we ate dinner and went running! I was very proud of myself because the first time I ran with Mommy around the lake I had to walk 3 times to catch my breath, but this time I ran the whole thing AND went down to the bridge and back. I was very proud! Daddy was behind me most of the time and passed me once just for fun! I kept up with Mommy for a bit, but then I slowed down and the distance between us increased a lot! That's ok though because we all had a good time and got the benefit of exercising :)

I went home on Monday morning, and now I'm back at the apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment