Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Friends galore!

Monday I got to play sand volley ball with Lydia and friends! I was actually surprised and how skilled a lot of them were, and for once I wasn't awful! :) Afterward, Lydia who is a cooking connoisseur made s'mores brownies at a friend's house. They were going great and then all of the sudden the middle of the brownies wouldn't cook! It was a bit frustrating, but we all entertained ourselves and tried not to "watch the pot boil." It was difficult, but so worth it!

Yesterday, to make up for the brownies Lydia cooked a huge meal of "lovebirds," chicken tetrazini, and chocolate strawberries! I enjoyed it thoroughly, and seeing as she's my pledge mom...MAYBE I can convince her to share her cooking skills and secrets! Matthew arrived in Columbia so he got to come too and meet Lydia and friends. I had a ton of fun!

I had a meeting with our Kitchen Director and House Director today to discuss what we'll be doing for the fall. It was good getting to sit down and plan things, I enjoy being able to offer any help I can! Our membership director named Katie and I got a lot accomplished during the meeting and even figured out how to overcome some obstacles we have with recruitment this year. I hope all the girls are ready to work as hard as Katie has been this summer! If so, we could really recruit a bunch of amazing girls and have a blast while doing it!!

I am about halfway through my book now. I'm very intrigued by the way the author seems to create the story so that my favorite characters have a streak of good luck, and then suddenly something bad happens, but just when I'm about to give up hope they triumph again and keep me on my toes! I never want to stop at the end of a chapter, but sometimes I know I have to so that I don't become a hermit and spend ALL my time with the book!

Our friend Dave's birthday is today so we're going out to dinner and hopefully going to see the Harry Potter movie. I don't remember which book number we're on now, or what happened in the book, but the movie should hopefully bring those memories to life! Christy saw it at the midnight showing last night and thought it was good, I hope she's right!

Anand thinks my blog is funny, he reads over my shoulder when I type and giggles...That's all until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment