Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mid-Week Visitors :)

This week there was a concert in CoMo that included bands named "Sick Puppies" and "Hurt"! The show headliners might sound a little depressing, but it was anything but! I went to the concert with my friends Clayton and Alex. I had seen each of the bands once before at a Pointfest back in the day, and I especially love Sick Puppies. Last year for Homecoming I had our sorority's dancers dance to a song by Sick Puppies :) It was awesome and we did really well! Even got nominated for best choreography ;) I, however, was not their number 1 fan at the concert...there were some true fanatics there who had tattoos of the band's motto and signs and all sorts of stuff. Wow!

At the concert we saw two of our friends, Pinto was at the head of the line waiting to go in and Darren wasn't very far behind! Darren is one of Matthew's good "rock friends" and so I've known him ever since I went to the Pointfest where I first saw Sick Puppies and Hurt. He wasn't here for the bands' music but rather to take pictures of the bands, he's a bit of a pro photographer nowadays. That meant he got to be right up by the stage the whole time! There were also two girls from my sorority who were at the concert, and since I was front and center in the pit I was able to get them to come up front with me! They were so excited it was ridiculous! :)

Today I pack for Chicago, the family and I are going on a mini-vacay to the Windy City this weekend (plus 2 days). That means besides packing I have a lot of prep work to do for leaving the fishies alone and for making sure I take care of Anand's responsibilities while he's away. I think I'm going to go ahead and start making a list of stuff to do so I can make sure I don't forget anything! 'Til next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment