Sunday, July 12, 2009

Just a regular Sunday...

So today was a fairly uneventful day, but I still had fun with the small things I got to do! Anand had to work so me, Lydia, and her friend Molly went out to dinner tonight at Olive Garden, which was quite tasty. I'm pretty sure all of us got so stuffed on salad and bread sticks that we all took home more of our meals than we actually ate! That just means I have a good lunch to look forward to tomorrow :)

After dinner we all went to Stephen's Lake park and walked on the path that goes around the lake. It was nice just chatting and catching up about girly stuff. Spending so much time with the boys makes me cherish my girl time even more!!!

Lucky for the boys I made some brownies today (that actually turned out really well! yay!) and so I'm sharing those with them just as a "thanks for not minding me being around" gesture. The last time I made brownies they came out tasting just awful, so I was very excited that these were good brownies! My cooking skills have been tested this summer...apparently they aren't very good. Oh well, I'll learn if I want to later!

Anand and I are thinking about getting what I call an "algae-sucker" fish because the fishies' tank is a bit green. I'd much rather have some fishy help keeping that algae under control than having to clean it out weekly!! We'll see though, perhaps I'll give in afterall. Achilles, our blue crayfish, just molted recently which shows that he's healthy. I'm glad all of the fish are cooperating well together! I really wish I could get a puppy, I miss having a little doggy running around, but I definitely can't have something that takes that much responsibility until I'm able to be a good parent! For now I settle for the fishies.

I've been reading a new book recommended both by Borders and by Oprah called The Pillars of the Earth. It's very exciting for me that I get to do some reading this summer because I tend to be way too busy during the school year to be able to get some book time in. This book is set in the middle ages and has a lot of interesting character development. The author claims this book became so popular solely through word of mouth by his readers, here's my way of recommending it to others! I love it so far but I have to be careful to read it slowly or the excitement I get from reading will be over too quickly! This summer I have read Angels and Demons, The Black Order, and Digital Fortress. All three were rather large novels, but sadly I read them in about two days each! I'm attempting to take my time with this one!!

I got exciting news that Matthew is coming up to stay in the apartment for the remainder of the summer on Tuesday! Can't wait!!!

Tomorrow I plan on trying to research with Christine and then I will be going out to dinner with my fellow dance director for Homecoming, Lizzie! Should definitely be something to look forward to!!!

That's all for today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment