Saturday, July 11, 2009

First blog ever!

I was inspired to start my own blog by Katie and Phyllis after a tough night of dining chair re-upholstering at the House. They make it sound like so much fun! Also, I was inspired by my grandma, she always has great letters she sends to everyone either through snail mail or email (depending on which is the more accessible option for her friends.) I could probably tell you my grandmother's life through her emails, it's quite incredible! Her letters practically become her own blog and I really am amazed by that. Hopefully I can keep track of my own life in the same manner! What I have to say isn't all that significant, but at least it's healthy to write out my ideas!

This summer is both flying by and chugging along at the same time. I was trying to find a decent job for awhile, and as soon as I gave up and stopped applying to jobs (summer is nearly over and recruitment would take a huge chunk of time anyway!) then someone emailed me to set up an interview, go figure! I feel like summer is already gone, but since I don't have a lot to keep me busy each day itself seems to take forever. I really wish I had planned a bit more ahead and started applying in like March or something, but better late than never I suppose. I'll soon know if I'll be employed or not this summer/fall!

I have been keeping somewhat busy by doing small House Manager tasks here and there to get ready for the fall semester and also by doing research with a grad student in the psych department! Researching has been a lot of fun and such a great opportunity. Between my grad student friend and my adviser (who is now back whoohoo!) I actually have somewhat of a grasp on my future! There's so much I need to do still to get ready for everything before I graduate and apply to grad programs, but I'm not going into it blindly anymore! Thanks so much Christine and Miranda!

I pushed back my grad date for now to December 2010 instead of May 2010 so that I can get more experience and have time to really work hard at researching and study properly for the GRE. I'm thankful that I'm no longer graduating in 3 years because that just doesn't seem like enough time to really make all of these big important decisions I have regarding grad school and my future. I'm also super excited because now I get to spend more time with Phi Mu. I was really bummed out that I'd be missing an entire year of my sorority (sounds corny but it's true!) because there's so much more I want to do to get involved and try to help people out! PLUS if I left early that just cuts off another year I'd get to dance which would be horrible to have to give up. I love dancing way too much, so now at least I get to extend my dancing career a bit longer!

I've recently started running to try to stay in shape. I can definitely tell my metabolism is slowing down now, yay adulthood! I run outside on a trail that's nearby and I estimate I run about 4 miles or so each time. It feels so good to know I can run for 45 minutes without having to stop. The actual running part is pretty rough, but the feeling of accomplishment I get after running definitely makes it all worth it. The only downside is that after I run my immune system isn't so strong and I keep getting little colds from my allergies. Hopefully this will go away when the pollen and mold counts aren't so high! Now is one of those periods where I have a cold so I've been using an elliptical inside so I can still stay active but get healthy again too! I was really excited to get to go running with my mom, she has been doing great and really is turning her health around through running. Right now she runs at a faster pace than I do, so now I just gotta catch up to mama! :) I'm so proud.

I probably have a lot more to say, but for now I'm going to end and save all other thoughts for tomorrow. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment